There are two parts to this - pre-arranging and pre-paying. Pre-arranging your funeral will assist your loved ones during a difficult, emotional and stressful time. Pre-paying of a funeral is a practical step to assist your family at their time of need.
- Thinking about your own funeral can be a difficult concept to consider. Only you know what you want and by expressing your wishes, this can relieve your grieving family at a time when difficult and often quick decisions need to be made.
- You can come and talk with one of our funeral directors to discuss, or we visit you at your home. Click on the link below to go to “Your personal profile” form. This can be printed off and held with your important records. Please ensure your family are aware where this information is held. Or alternatively, you can send the form to us and we will hold it for safe keeping.
- Pre-paying all or part of your funeral service expenses helps to relieve your family of the financial burden.
- Currently pre-paid funerals of up to $10,000 are excluded from asset testing (under current government policy) when assessing eligibility for a subsidy for long-term residential care for the elderly.
- Take the practical and responsible step of pre-paying your funeral, which is secured through the stability and comfort of the Funeral Directors Association of New Zealand (FDANZ) Funeral Trust.
- The Trust was established by the FDANZ to assist anyone to make arrangements for their funeral or the funeral of another person, such as a family member. It is not an insurance policy. No health checks or personal questions are needed.
- The plan is an arrangement between you and the Trust where agreed services are paid for now and provided at a later date. The plan is the only prepaid funeral plan endorsed by FDANZ.
For more information, visit http://www.fdanzfuneraltrust.co.nz or phone us on 03 218 9021 to arrange an appointment or visit us at Avenal Park Funeral Home, 75 Fox Street, Invercargill.